Tennessee Division Document Archive
- Previous Issues of Division Newsletters:
Forrest's Escort, Fall, 2018
Forrest's Escort, June, 2018
Forrest's Escort, March, 2018
Forrest's Escort, December, 2017
Forrest's Escort, September, 2017
Forrest's Escort, March, 2017
Forrest's Escort, December, 2016
Forrest's Escort, September, 2016
Forrest's Escort, February, 2016
Forrest's Escort, December, 2015
Forrest's Escort, February, 2015
Forrest's Escort, Winter, 2014
Forrest's Escort, Fall, 2013
Forrest's Escort, March, 2013
Forrest's Escort, September, 2012
Forrest's Escort, January, 2012
Forrest's Escort, Fall, 2011
Forrest's Escort, Spring, 2011
Forrest's Escort, Fall, 2010
Forrest's Escort, June, 2010
Forrest's Escort, December, 2009
Forrest's Escort, June, 2009
Forrest's Escort, November, 2005
Tennessee Confederate, March - April, 2001
- Constitution of the Tennessee Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Tennessee Division Life Membership Application
- Project Funding Request
- Project Status Update
Items of Interest:
- Capt. Tod Carter of the Confederate States Army -- a biographical word portrait by Dr. Rosalie Carter. Edited version of a booklet originally published in 1978.
- Speech of Tennessee Gov. Isham G. Harris to a special legislative session, in which he calls for a referendum on a secession convention, as given January 7, 1861.
- Speech of Tennessee Gov. Isham G. Harris to a special legislative session, in which he calls for a second referendum on secession, as given April 25, 1861.
- Article by Tennessee SCV Judge-Advocate-General W. E. Shofner concerning attempts to remove or ban Confederate symbols, as published in the Nashville Tennessean on July 9, 1996.
- The Real Stonewall Jackson , an article by Confederate Genl. D. H. Hill as originally published in The Century Magazine for February 1894.
- Nine Months in a Nothern Prison, an article by Sgt. G. W. D. Porter, 44th Tenn. Infantry, detailing conditions at the Elmira Prison, and his experiences while confined there. Originally published in the July, 1878 issue of the journal Annals of the Army of Tennessee.
- An Account of the Battle of Perryville, Kentucky, as extracted from Campaigns & Battles of the Sixteenth Regiment, Tennessee Volunteers by Thomas A. Head. Originally published in 1885.
- Resolutions For The Secession Of Franklin County
Discouraged by the failure of a referendum to call a secession convention, citizens of Franklin County, Tennessee, resolve to petition the state for permission to leave Tennessee and become a part of Alabama, a state already a part of the Confederacy.
- Genl. N. B. Forrest's Farewell to his Command, as issued on the occasion of its surrender, May 9, 1865.
- Autobiography and Reminiscences of John W. Carroll of Henderson, Tennessee, written in 1898. Carroll shares the story of his youth on the Tennessee frontier, and his experiences as a Confederate soldier. Originally enrolling as a private, Carroll rose to the rank of Captain in the 27th Tennessee Infantry, and subsequently also served as a Captain of the 21st Tennessee Cavalry under the command of Genl. N. B. Forrest. This document available through the courtesy of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- The Constitution of the Confederate States of America
- The Trial of Major Henry Wirz: A National Disgrace by Captain Glen LaForce, as published in The Army Lawyer, Department of the Army Pamphlet 2750-186, June 1988. Wirz was the commandant of the Confederate prisoner of war camp at Andersonville, Georgia, who was convicted of "war crimes" by a federal military commission and executed on 10 November, 1865.
- A History of the Recontruction Era Ku Klux Klan taken from "Unionism And Reconstruction in Tennessee, 1860 ~ 1869" by Dr. James Welch Patton. Originally published in 1934.
- Comments on his "Cornerstone Speech" taken from "Recollections of Alexander H. Stephens: His Diary kept when a prisoner at Fort Warren".